[undertow-dev] Undertow jboss logging redirect to logback log file and console

Steve Hu stevehu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:26:11 EST 2017

Hi Bill,

My exception handler is the first in the chain and it captures majority of
exceptions but this one. It is basically a try/catch block to wrap all
handler calls and you can find the source code at
https://github.com/networknt/light-java/blob/master/exception/src/main/java/com/networknt/exception/ExceptionHandler.java

I will try to dispatch in this handler first tonight and see if it works
based on your recommendation.

Hi Miere/Kim,

I am in the office now and will try both your approaches tonight on my home
computer.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Steve

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Bill O'Neil <bill at dartalley.com> wrote:

> @Steve - If your exception handler is in the handler chain before calling
> dispatch then an exception is thrown it might not be handled properly (I
> think I ran into this). If you make sure you add an exception handler after
> calling dispatch that handles Throwable.class but before your logic, you
> should be able to catch all Exceptions. I'm not 100% positive here but this
> seemed to work for me.
>

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Kim Rasmussen <kr at asseco.dk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have had success with adding the system property:
>>
>> -Dorg.jboss.logging.provider=slf4j
>>
>> A random search for this on the net revelated this page which does a good
>> job of explaining various ways of getting it working with WildFly - I
>> myself use Undertow embedded, so the system property is enough for me.
>>
>> /Kim

>>> Hi Steve,
>>>
>>> I've found myself on the same situation couple of years ago and to solve
>>> my problem I've configured the LoggerProvider to point to
>>> Slf4JLoggerProvider. Basically, this can be reproduced by declaring a
>>> META-INF/services/org.jboss.logging.LoggerProvider file with