[undertow-dev] Howto create/configure a custom SessionManager and SessionConfig implementation?

Eric B ebenzacar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 23:19:08 EDT 2017

I've been trying to figure out how to build my own custom SessionManager to
push my sessions into Redis with a custom SessionConfig implementation, but
am having trouble finding any documentation to that extent.

For the SesisonManager, I've read that I need to:

   1. Develop SessionManager which implements io.undertow.server.session.Ses
   sionManager
   2. Develop SessionManagerFactory which implements
   io.undertow.servlet.api.SessionManagerFactory
   3. Develop startup extension which implements
   io.undertow.servlet.ServletExtension, and in
   handleDeployment(Deployment) method change sessionManagerFactory with new
   SessionManagerFactory.
   4. Register new ServletExtension by adding
../META-INF/services/io.undertow.servlet.ServletExtension
   file (file should contain the name of new ServletExtension. for example
   com.my.utils.StartupExtension)

But I can't seem to find anything that indicates how to provide my own
SessionConfig implementation.  How do I register a custom SessionConfig
implementation?  Is there any documentation to that extent?

Are there any examples that can show me how to create my own SessionManager
and SessionConfig object?

Thanks,

Eric