[undertow-dev] Request header order

Ilpo Ruotsalainen ilpo.ruotsalainen at oath.com
Fri Aug 24 04:48:38 EDT 2018

Hi,

A project we're working on has recently ran into a need to access the HTTP
request headers in order they were received. This does not seem currently
possible as HeaderMap is just a hash table.

One way I see to get this functionality would be to make HeaderMap
non-final and provide a mechanism for configuring the class used for
request headers, but I don't particularly like this as the HeaderMap API is
fairly wide and some of the methods are semantically tricky for this
particular purpose.

Obviously we'd prefer a solution where the modifications to Undertow itself
are acceptable for upstreaming so we don't have to maintain a custom fork
of it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.