[undertow-dev] Forwarding initial websocket request

Lukas Lentner kontakt at lukaslentner.de
Thu Nov 22 04:52:38 EST 2018

I am trying to forward the initial websocket http request coming in via a Servlet filter with the forward method (I want to cut off the first path segment):

    final String requestUri = HttpServletRequest.class.cast(servletRequest).getRequestURI();
    final String newRequestUri = requestUri.substring(requestUri.indexOf("/", 1));
    servletRequest.getRequestDispatcher(newRequestUri).forward(servletRequest, servletResponse);

The filter is triggered successfully, but the websocket is not initialized instead 404 is returned.

Is this correct according to spec? How can I forward such requests?

Thankx
Lukas