[undertow-dev] Advice on measuring filter performance overhead without networking activity

Gaby Soria soria.gaby at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:46:02 EST 2019

Hi folks!

I would really appreciate a piece of advice on how to do something. I'm
working to measure the performance overhead adding the opentracing filter
to a webapp
(using java-web-servlet-filter library from
https://github.com/opentracing-contrib/java-web-servlet-filter).

Until now, I have a test, using JMH to start to deploy and simple servlet
application and start the undertow server and test it using an http client.
But I want to measure in the server side without considering the networking
activity. How can I do that? My test, for now, is:

https://github.com/gsoria/jmh-examples/blob/master/jmh-examples-java-servlet-filter/src/main/java/org/sample/BenchmarkSimpleServlet.java

Thanks in advance
--
Gabriela Soria