[undertow-dev] Predicate Language

Brad Wood bdw429s at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:17:48 EDT 2020

I'm working on an integration with Undertow's Predicate language in my
Undertow-powered project, CommandBox.  I just wanted to say, this feature
is super sweet and it's really going to provide a lot of value for my users
to toss in quick text-based rules to control their server.

In case anyone else using this feature is curious, I've compiled a list of
missing features and bugs from our initial proof of concept phase and I've
entered the tickets below.  I'm willing to help send pulls for some of
these, though I am a little curious regarding the future of Undertow and if
Undertow 3 is really happening any time soon at this point or if I should
just be focusing on Undertow 2.x for the foreseeable future.

Also, on a side note, could a JIRA admin please add a "Predicate Language"
component in JIRA for me to tag these tickets with?

*Predicate Language Redirect handler doesn't allow custom status code*
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/UNDERTOW-1734
*Predicate Language handler to set inline response body*
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/UNDERTOW-1736
*Predicate Language response-code handler doesn't allow custom status text*
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/UNDERTOW-1735
*Predicate Language access-control handler doesn't have failure-status
parameter*
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/UNDERTOW-1737
*Relax case sensitivity in Predicate Language for ease of use*
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/UNDERTOW-1738
*Sub groups don't work with nested predicate*
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/UNDERTOW-1739
*Predicate Language parsing fails on semi-colon before "else" keyword*
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/UNDERTOW-1740

Thanks!

~Brad

*Developer Advocate*