[webbeans-dev] MetaDataCache

Matt Drees matt.drees at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 21:49:10 EST 2008

I'll speak up about one concern I have.  If MetaDataCache and ManagerImpl
are stored in static references, I imagine it will be difficult to perform
simultaneous/multi-threaded integration testing for webbeans apps.  For
example, with Seam, you can't have two SeamTests running at the same time in
the same JVM, because Lifecycle.java has a static reference to the
application map, and the two tests would interfere with each other.  I'd be
sad if the same thing occurs for the webbeans ri.

Now, maybe you could could use some ThreadLocal magic or something to avoid
having to pass the ManagerImpl/metadatacache around everywhere in method
calls. But my preference would be that the webbeans RI doesn't use static
singletons at all.

What do you guys think?

-Matt