[webbeans-dev] Status update

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 14:18:23 EST 2008

There are two issues remaining for alpha1:

* dependent context destruction. I have this about 75% implemented
locally, I shall finish it tomorrow.
* EE (EJB) integration

EE Integration status:

* code base has been refactored to correctly wire both real and mock
EJBDescriptors through to EJB lookup and EnterpriseBean
* JBoss5 EJB3 is now exposing the correct metadata
* JBoss 5 Bridge code is written, needs testing and write up (later/
tomorrow)
* Embedded EJB3 (for testing EnterpriseBean lifecycle in RI unit
tests) won't be ready for use in our alpha1
* JBoss5 bridge code currently has no unit tests. Testing of this for
the alpha1 will be through the examples and real deployments
* We need an EJB example, I'll write one based around the
SentanceTranslator (tomorrow)

Gavin, is there anything else you want us to do before alpha1?

I've attached the current deployer and example. To use, just unzip the
deployer inside $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deployers and copy the war
to $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy and start JBoss5.