[webbeans-dev] Automatically adding WebBeans configuration on JBoss 5

Andrew Lee Rubinger alr at jboss.org
Sat Dec 20 13:14:42 EST 2008

Looks like these are metadata transformation/enhancing deployers to be
throw into the chain:

* After merging deployer
* Before post-processing deployer
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/ejb3/trunk/deployers/src/main/java/org/jboss/ejb3/deployers/Ejb3MetadataProcessingDeployer.java

How to insert deployers into the chain between X and Y without altering
the input/output of X and y?

S,
ALR

Pete Muir wrote:
> Sorry, this is a TODO item/discussion piece :-)
>
> On 20 Dec 2008, at 17:55, Pete Muir wrote:
>
>> The idea here is that a Web Beans RI app requires certain
>> configuration applied by default (see below), and we should try to
>> provide this configuration by default when in JBoss 5. The user can
>> still override this configuration using the relevant XML. We've talked
>> about this before, but never done anything with it :-)
>>
>> Here are the rules
>>
>> 1) ejb-jar.xml
>>
>>    If web-beans.xml is present in the ejb module's META-INF,
>> automatically add the Web Beans RI SessionBeanInterceptor (see
>> attached ejb-jar.xml for how we currently configure it). The user
>> can't disable this interceptor.
>>

>> 2) jboss-app.xml
>>
>>   If web-beans.xml is present in the ejb-module's META-INF,
>> automatically enable classloader isolation. Any settings in
>> jboss-app.xml override. Is it possible to explicitly disable
>> classloader isolation? Is this change from the jboss default too
>> confusing? Another option is to disable if a jboss-app.xml is present.
>>
>> 3) jboss-web.xml
>>
>>   If web-beans.xml is present in the war's WEB-INF or META-INF,
>> automatically enable classloader isolation. Any settings in
>> jboss-web.xml override. Is it possible to explicitly disable
>> classloader isolation? Is this change from the jboss default too
>> confusing? Another option is to disable if a jboss-app.xml is present.
>>
>> 4) web.xml
>>   If web-beans.xml is present in the war's WEB-INF or META-INF or the
>> ejb module's META-INF automatically add the WebBeansListener servlet
>> listener
>>
>> And one for the JSF2 deployer
>>
>> 5) if faces-config.xml is present, automatically add the FacesServlet,
>> it's mapping to the .jsf extension.

Andrew Lee Rubinger
Sr. Software Engineer
JBoss, a division of Red Hat, Inc.