[webbeans-dev] Re: Web Beans Alpha 1 preview (please test!)

Jay Balunas tech4j at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:31:15 EST 2008

The new snapshot is working much better :-)

Examples:
---------------
Both examples deployed fine (including both together - WBRI-71).  The
basic functionality of the applications worked great - there are some
minor things, but nothing critical to behavior or framework.  I'll put
in some minor jira's to cover them.  I covered all the basic ant
commands - clean, deploy, explode, restart, etc...

The only issue that could be confusing for new users is the examples
readme.txt needs to be updated.

Building from source:
-----------------------
Executing "mvn install" or "mvn test" results in the error below -
because there is no "examples" module in the zips

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/balunasj/projects/
webbeans/alpha1_cr2/webbeans-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/src/examples/pom.xml (No
such file or directory)

The other (non-doc) modules all built, tested, and installed fine when
"mvn install" executed from within the module.

The reference module would not build with the error in reference-
build.txt

-Jay