[webbeans-dev] Introduction to Web Beans article

Marcell Manfrin Barbacena barbacena at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:52:28 EDT 2008

I may be wrong but the explanation of when dependency injection occur should
include the after initialization steps as well like:

Dependency injection always occurs when the Web Bean instance is requested
from the Web Bean manager.

   -

   First, if a instance of the Web Bean does not exists the Web Bean manager
   calls the Web Bean constructor, to obtain an instance of the Web Bean.
   -

   Next, the Web Bean manager initializes the values of all injected fields
   of the Web Bean.
   -

   Next, the Web Bean manager calls all initializer methods of Web Bean. (is
   this called every time th instance is requested?)
   -

   Finally, the @PostConstruct method of the Web Bean, if any, is called.
   (is this called every time th instance is requested?)

[]s

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> These are now published on docs.jboss.org
>
> See http://seamframework.org/WebBeans/WebBeansOverview - I've also moved
> the RI stuff out to another page so that you can do what you want with the
> homepage Gavin :-)
>

> On 29 Oct 2008, at 16:07, Gavin King wrote:
>
>  Here's the article i've been writing about web beans for developers.
>> It's almost finished, but I would appreciate a proofread/suggestions.
>>
>> This has been done in docbook, so I'm thinking it can evolve into the
>> documentation for the RI (with addition of some new RI-specific
>> sections).
>>
>> I've also attached the latest spec, which has some various fixes.
>>
>> --
>> Gavin King
>> gavin.king at gmail.com
>> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Gavin
>> http://hibernate.org
>> http://seamframework.org
>> <Web Beans 20081029.pdf><Introduction to Web Beans
>> 20081029.pdf>_______________________________________________

"Nobody knows who i really am
I never felt this empty before
And if I never need someone to come along
Who's gonna comfort me and keep me strong?"
--
Marcell Manfrin Barbacena
barbacena at gmail.com
mbarbacena at tse.gov.br