[webbeans-dev] Introduction to Web Beans article

Marcell Manfrin Barbacena barbacena at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 17:23:02 EDT 2008

The @New in producer methods scopes the produced Web Bean to the scope of
the class that the producer method is or to the scope defined in the
producer method?

If it is the latter (and that is what the article say [4.3]), is this a
valid way to scope the producer methods parameters:

@ConversationScoped
> public class Preferences {
>
>     private PaymentStrategyType paymentStrategy;

>     @SessionScoped
>     private static class Producer {
>         private @Current Preferences preferences;
>         @Produces @Preferred @SessionScoped
>         public PaymentStrategy getPaymentStrategy() {
>             switch (preferences.paymentStrategy) {
>                 case CREDIT_CARD: return new CreditCardPaymentStrategy();
>                 case CHEQUE: return new ChequePaymentStrategy();
>                 case PAYPAL: return new PayPalPaymentStrategy();
>                 default: return null;
>             }
>         }
>     }
>
> }

[]s

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Gavin King <gavin at hibernate.org> wrote:

> What's the process for updating this stuff?
>
> I have a new (better) draft of the intro article...
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
> > These are now published on docs.jboss.org
> >
> > See http://seamframework.org/WebBeans/WebBeansOverview - I've also moved
> the
> > RI stuff out to another page so that you can do what you want with the
> > homepage Gavin :-)
> >
> > On 29 Oct 2008, at 16:07, Gavin King wrote:
> >
> >> Here's the article i've been writing about web beans for developers.
> >> It's almost finished, but I would appreciate a proofread/suggestions.
> >>
> >> This has been done in docbook, so I'm thinking it can evolve into the
> >> documentation for the RI (with addition of some new RI-specific
> >> sections).
> >>
> >> I've also attached the latest spec, which has some various fixes.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gavin King
> >> gavin.king at gmail.com
> >> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Gavin
> >> http://hibernate.org
> >> http://seamframework.org
> >> <Web Beans 20081029.pdf><Introduction to Web Beans
> >> 20081029.pdf>_______________________________________________

> Gavin King
> gavin.king at gmail.com
> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Gavin
> http://hibernate.org
> http://seamframework.org

"Nobody knows who i really am
I never felt this empty before
And if I never need someone to come along
Who's gonna comfort me and keep me strong?"
--
Marcell Manfrin Barbacena
barbacena at gmail.com
mbarbacena at tse.gov.br