[webbeans-dev] JSR299 TCK beta1

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 14:17:56 EDT 2009

All,

I'm pleased to say we have reached the second milestone in the JSR299
TCK. You can download the distro here: http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/jsr299/tck/parent/1.0.0.BETA2/parent-1.0.0.BETA2.zip

Some stats:

* we have identified all assertions from Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
8, 9, 10, 11 (Chapter 10, Appendix B and Appendix C contain signature
info only).
* we have extracted XML bean definition, interceptor and decorator
assertions from the main TCK, as these are likely to not be in the
final 299 release. This allows us a clearer picture of status.
* so far we have identified 1085 assertions, of which 695 are tested
using 642 tests. This is 69% of assertions. You can see the full
picture at http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/jsr299/tck/jsr299-tck-impl/1.0.0.BETA2/jsr299-tck-impl-1.0.0.BETA2-coverage.html
* Of the 642 tests, 586 can be run standalone, and 21 require a full
EE environment. All can be run in an EE environment.

We are currently using these frameworks to aid testing:

* TestNG
* HtmlUnit
* Apache HttpClient

I want to thank David and Shane for their hard work on the TCK so far.

Our target for the next release is: > 75% coverage of assertions,
tutorial guide, signature tests, ootb running against GlassFish. I
will follow up with Roger, Barbara and Steve on this, as it requires
the GlassFish integration to be complete. If we achieve these goals,
we will call it a release candidate.

If you are working on the TCK, you can now start committing to the TCK
project again.

You can also commit to the core, but please don't alter the API or the
version-matrix until after the main release.

Thanks!

--
Pete Muir
http://www.seamframework.org