[webbeans-dev] non-contextual managed bean creation

Kenneth Saks Kenneth.Saks at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 13 10:22:30 EDT 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 6:02 PM, Pete Muir wrote:

> Moving to webbeans-dev. Sorry for the delay in replying...
>
> On 11 Aug 2009, at 16:19, Kenneth Saks wrote:
>
>> I need to implement the java:global lookup logic defined by the EE
>> 6 Managed Bean spec for the 299-enabled case.    My starting point
>> is a bean class.  What API/SPI(s) do I call to create a non-
>> contextual managed bean instance that has been injected(with both
>> 299-style and EE-style dependencies) and has had  post-construct
>> called?
>
> I wrote this generic FAQ http://www.seamframework.org/Documentation/HowDoIDoNoncontextualInjectionForAThirdpartyFramework
>  which describes the process you need to follow.
>
> The only difference is that currently inject() doesn't inject any EE
> style dependencies. This is a bug in the RI. https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/WBRI-352

Looks good, thanks.    The blog mentions "java:comp/BeanManager",
which I had bean meaning to follow-up on.  My assumption is that the
GlassFish container will implement the "java:comp/BeanManager" naming
entry and use an internal webbeans SPI to acquire the BeanManager that
gets returned from the lookup.