[webbeans-dev] Java 6?

Paul Bakker paulb at infosupport.com
Tue Aug 18 13:27:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm reading the mailinglist for a while, but this is my first mail.
I think it's a bad idea to have Java 6 as a requirement. In the scenario of running an older (non JEE 6) app server that doesn't run on Java 6, it would still be possible to use Web Beans in a similar way you use it in Tomcat. This won't work if Java 6 is a requirement. Specially in combination with JSF 2.0, which can run on non JEE 6, non Java 6 servers, it makes sense to have the same requirements for Web Beans.

Hope it isn't too much trouble however...

Paul Bakker

drs. ing. Paul Bakker
Trainer / Consultant

mobiel   : +31 (0)6 52 67 13 76