[webbeans-dev] Java 6?

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 15:48:27 EDT 2009

The general consensus appears to be no - so we'll go with that :-)

Regarding Reza's point about EE5/EE6 compatiblity, we have maintained
EE5 compatiblity in nearly all places. Obviously some features, such
as EJB singletons won't be available, and others such as EJB timeout
method won't work in the 1.0.0 release (if I receive sufficient
requests to enable this, we will).

However, given that it is a reasonably large task to fullly integrate
Web Beans into the EJB (+JPA + JTA etc.) container, I suspect most
people who want to use Web Beans outside of EE6 will either use a
container which supports it natively like JBoss AS 5.2 or without the
EJB etc. support in Tomcat. We plan to provide JPA support as an addon
in Tomcat.