[weld-dev] manifest frinder

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 02:40:08 EST 2009

BTW, would

<T> Manifest findManifest(Class<T> clazz) throws Exception;

be a better signature if it's to be used with
ProcessAnnotatedType.getAnnotatedType().getJavaClass() ?

Perhaps we even could we raise a ProcessBeanDeplomentArchive event so
we wouldn't get hit for every bean in an archive? We could then call
the manifestfinder once (for any file in the archive?) or find another
place to check it from. Of course the extension would not be portable
(unless the event goes into a rev of the spec).

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Gavin King <gavin.king at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
>> FTR, what Nik wants is the ability to do:
>>
>> if (portableExtension) {
>>   log.info("Loading " + portableExtensionName + " " + portableExtensionVersion);
>> }
>>
>> I'm not quite sure if this is something that should go in beans.xml (which, IMO is about a application configuration).
>>
>> TBH, I think the Manifest is the right place for this.
>>
>> On 1 Dec 2009, at 16:13, Gavin King wrote:
>>
>>> Pete, if you would like us to add a <description/> tag to beans.xml in
>>> the maintenance release, let me know.
>>

> --
> Gavin King
> gavin.king at gmail.com