[weld-dev] [seam-dev] Weld functional tests

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 07:37:31 EST 2009

>> b/ User is required to pass reference to ftest.properties file with
>>    -Dftest.properties, but this file is not a part of example
>>    distribution. We can add this file or its skeleton to each example,
>>    but it doesn't seem right.
>
> What does this file do?

In Seam 2 we use this file to capture various configuration options
needed for the functional testsuite, namely:

- selenium configuration (port, host, browser, domain, ...)
- container configuration (which container to use, jboss.home, deploy
timeout, jvm arguments, jmx credentials, ...)
- seam-gen setup (workspace, driver.jar, ...)

The fact is that a lot of these items has never been touched (all the
selenium conf except for browser selection, jboss credentials, etc...,
so these should have default (overridable) values without an explicit
entry in ftest.properties)