[weld-dev] examples build.xml updated.

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 16:03:33 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Steven Boscarine <
steven.boscarine at childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

>  I was going to delete build.properties once I could confirm the TCK isn't
> referring to it.
>
> Does that sound good or would you like to keep the main build.properties
> file?

That's a tough call. I would say to keep it just because we don't want the
users to have to even look into the Ant build file at all. So just in case
they don't want to use local.build.properties to override, it is super quick
just to replace ${env.JBOSS_HOME} in build.properties with an actual value.
It's a file that they see and can easily change w/o reading documentation of
any sort. This makes a lot of sense when the developer has a distribution,
where SVN is out of the picture.

I think the point is that the build.properties file should just be
defaulting to the system property, encouraging the user to control the value
that way (no meddling required).

-Dan

--
Dan Allen