[weld-dev] which tools for publishing JBoss 6 changes? eclipse integration? possible tutorial topic

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:49:30 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Steven Boscarine <
steven.boscarine at childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Since many of you are actively writing JEE 6 apps in JBoss 6.0.0.M1,
> which tools are you using to publish your changes and debug your code?

The obvious choose here is JBoss Tools. What we need to do is see if we can
go from Maven archetype -> project -> JBoss Tools setup. That is really a
key effort for these archetypes anyway. Most of the JBoss Tools setup is
simply activating the plugins, which sometimes happens automatically and
other times requires some tweaking of the Eclipse project files.

> If there's something good out there, I may write a brief tutorial on
> configuring it to help users get started in JSF and CDI.

Since I'm always quite neutral on these things, we should probably download
NetBeans 6.8 and decide if we want to show how that is setup. After all, JSF
and CDI are pure Java EE, so NetBeans will definitely support it. And given
that NetBeans has killer Maven 2 integration, I have to imagine that a
publish of the jee-minimal project would just work. Downloading now....

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597