[webbeans-dev] M1- Release Content

Gurkan Erdogdu gurkanerdogdu at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 17:33:00 EST 2009

Hi;

We are planning to release the M1 version of the OpenWebBeans . So far we have finished the some parts of the specification and the nearly all of the build and release management tasks.

M1 release will support the following items;

* Simple WebBeans Support
* Producer Method Support
* Event and Observer Support
* Decorator and Interceptor Support
* Experimental XML Configuration Support
* Lookup and Dependency Injection Support
* Java EE Plugin Support (via ServetContextListener interface)

Remaining parts of the specification that we did not handle in this release are the following items;

* Enterprise WebBeans Support
* JMS WebBeans Support
* Producer Field Support
* Servlet Injection Support
* Inheritance and Realization Support
* Common Annotations Support
* Full Support for Validation Checks
* Passivation Scope and Serialization Operations
* Full Support for XML Configuration
* Java EE Container Integration Support (SPI)

? What do you think about the content of the M1 release ?
? Has it enough functionalities to  create the release or  we may delay it to another date for adding  more  functionality ?
? What is your further comments and advices?

Thanks;

/Gurkan