[webbeans-dev] Re: Injection point metadata API

Gavin King gavin at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 12 11:11:29 EST 2009

Upon further consideration, I think we should not add the
getInstance() method to InjectionPoint. First, because:

* it can't return a value when constructor injection is happening,
* it always returns an object in an undefined state,
* I have not been able to think of a compelling usecase,
* it places subtle restrictions on implementations of Bean, and
* we're starting to use InjectionPoint as a *static* metadata API so
it would have to be moved anyway.

Does anyone disagree with this decision?

gavin.king at gmail.com