[webbeans-dev] [TCK] Bean<T>#create() reference in the Spec?

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 19 06:25:58 EST 2009

Hi!

I tried to run the TCK tests, e.g.
DependentContextTest#testContextIsActiveDuringBeanCreation()
and have a question regarding the call
FoxRun foxRun = foxRunBean.create();

I read through the Spec dated 20090116 and I cannot find any create() with no argument for a Bean<T>.

Section
> 3.11. The Bean object for a bean
references to
> 6.1. The Contextual interface
> public interface Contextual<T> {
>     public T create(CreationalContext<T> creationalContext);
>     public void destroy(T instance);
> }

and there is no non-arg create() function but only one with a CreationalContext. Otoh you reference the Contextual.create() a few times in section 6.2. I interpreted this as short form for the method with CreationalContext but after I read the TCK I'm slightly confused.

Am I missing something?

txs and LieGrue,
strub