[webbeans-dev] TCK - DeploymentTypeDefinitionTest [testDeploymentTypeDeclaredInheritedIsBlockedByIntermediateDeploymentTypeNotMarkedInherited]

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 19:26:01 EDT 2009

No.

"4.1. Inheritance of type-level metadata
Suppose a class X is extended directly or indirectly by the bean class
of a simple or session bean Y.

• If X is annotated with a deployment type Z then Y inherits the
annotation if and only if Z declares the @Inherited
meta-annotation and neither Y nor any intermediate class that is a
subclass of X and a superclass of Y declares a de-
ployment type. "

Here we are testing that Y doesn't inherit X's deployment type - X
(Dog) indirectly extended by Y (GoldenRetriever) where some
intermediate class (a subclass of X and a superclass of Y) declares a
deployment type.

Again, JIRA is a better place to discuss specific TCK test issues as
then a proper record exists for posterity. Please open JIRA issues in
the future.