[webbeans-dev] Contextual/Non-Contextual EJBs

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 13:07:09 EDT 2009

I've been working through in my head how this works, and AFAICT:

* SFSBs may contextual or not-contextual
* SLSBs and singletons should always non-contextual

otherwise there is an ambiguity here

* SLSBs can be allocated from a pool, and are constructed once and
reused and so one which has undergone non-contexutal injection might
be reused as a contextual bean
* singletons are singleton, so again we have the same dilemma (whether
they undergo contextual or non-contextual injection depends on what
they are first requested for)

Am I missing something? If not, then I think the spec should be
explicit regarding this.

Thanks :-)

--
Pete Muir