[webbeans-dev] SimpleBean.create

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 18:51:32 EDT 2009

A try-finally doesn't swallow exceptions, and a catch-rethrow is not
necessary unless you need to inspect the exception somehow (e.g. to
provide more context) and swallow-log is a horrible approach.

I suspect you have some other problem, probably inside the logic which
rethrows exceptions invoking constructors as CreationExceptions.

On 24 Mar 2009, at 21:55, Peter Royle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that if I do something stupid in one of my bean's
> constructors (a NPE for example ;) the exception is being buried by
> SimpleBean.create which has 'trys' and 'finallys' but no catch. I
> assume
> there's a good reason for not rethrowing the exception here (what is
> it
> by the way?), but could we maybe log it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete.

Pete Muir
http://www.seamframework.org