[weld-dev] Fixed bug in handling of generic types for decorator delegate injection points

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:14:52 EST 2009

Folks, the rules for parameterized types in 5.2.3 are actually not
appropriate for delegate injection points. With an ordinary injection
point, you are instantiating an instance of the bean to inject into
the injection point (so you get to pick the type parameters of the
bean), whereas with a delegate injection point, you are instantiating
a decorator to match the bean (so you get to pick the type parameters
of the injection point).

So I have added in the new section 8.3.1 which lays out the rules for
delegate injection points, and pointed to this in 5.2.

I have also made a slight change to the third bullet point of 5.2.3,
which was unnecessarily restrictive in a corner case.

gavin.king at gmail.com