[weld-dev] Weld 1.0.0 release schedule

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sat Nov 7 18:24:09 EST 2009

On 7 Nov 2009, at 22:16, Jozef Hartinger wrote:

> On 11/07/2009 08:23 PM, Pete Muir wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the next few days we have both the code freeze for GlassFish V3
>> (Monday 9th November) and the submission of the final draft of
>> JSR-299
>> (on Wednesday 11th November). We are going to *try* to use the same
>> release (1.0.0) artifacts for both events (as otherwise I will get
>> *no* sleep at all ;-). With this in mind, the schedule is as follows:
>>
>> * Sunday 8th: Code freeze for API project and release CDI API and
>> Weld
>> SPI 1.0.
>>     - Gavin, this means any changes you want for the 1.0 JavaDoc need
>> to be in by tomorrow morning. Please tell me if this won't happen.
>>
>> * Sunday 8th: Code freeze for CDI TCK and release 1.0.0.CR7
>>     - Everyone, please let me know if you have any major outstanding
>> commits or issues with the TCK asap
>>     - Jozef, I haven't seen any commits for the interceptors spec,
>> what is your status?
>
> Currently I have ~ 35% covered. I'll commit what I have asap. Should
> this be covered by 75% as well?

Ideally, it would be at 75%. However, we clearly won't get to that :-)

We don't have to produce a TCK for this spec, but given that 299
references it heavily, and the spec lead (Sun) is not producing a
separate (from EJB) TCK, we decided to incorporate some tests into the
299 TCK. IOW this is best effort by us only.

We can continue the development of these tests in the 1.1 branch after
the 1.0 release.

Thanks!

Pete