[weld-dev] Abstract decorators

Marius Bogoevici mariusb at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 03:19:24 EST 2009

The specification allows for decorators to be abstract classes, but this
is currently not supported in Weld (defect WELD-298).

Since allowing decorator classes to be abstract is the only stated
requirement, here are the general lines I think we should follow for
supporting this:

- abstract decorator classes can have injected fields, injected
constructor parameters and concrete initializer methods, but abstract
initializer methods should be forbidden (DefinitionException), or at the
very least be non-portable.
- abstract decorator classes cannot have abstract  decorating methods
(DefinitionException)

WDYT?

Marius