[weld-dev] [seam-dev] Next steps

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 13:47:44 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 3:50 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

>> * Unportable extensions (UEs), that integrate with proprietary SPIs in Weld
>
> These are primarily the things which support "other environments" like Servlet or Java SE,
> as there is no bootstrap SPI. Though things that want to reuse the conversation impl
> *outside JSF* from Weld also fall into this category :-/

Yes, these two things are both holes in CDI that we know probably
won't be fixed until CDI 1.1. So we're just going to have to live with
the lack of portability here for a while. It's not perfect, but we
could not do everything in 1.0.

>> (2) A seam2-int module with:
>>
>>   * use of @Inject to inject of Seam2 beans into CDI beans (i.e. Weld
>> delegates bean instantiation to Seam when there is a @Name)
>>   * (hopefully) support for @Inject in Seam2 beans, if this is not
>> too hard to implement
>>
>> I have already done a rough impl of the first part.
>
> Great! We also discussed this at the meeting, so see that email.
>
> Norman is going to take the lead on this.

Perfect. Note that this shit is critical. i.e. takes priority over
everything apart from Weld bugfixes and container integration issues
:-)

>> (3) A spring-int module.
>
> Marius volunteered to take the lead on this months ago :-)

Cool.

>> (4) a seam-transactions module with:
>
> All sounds good.
>
> We didn't discuss this one in depth, and we do need a lead for it.
>
>> (5) a seam-persistence module with:
>>
>>   * support for injection of JPA EntityManagers with various scopes
>>   * (hopefully) support for injection of Hibernate Sessions with various scopes
>>
>> I have already done a rough impl of the first part.
>
> Likewise, we need a lead for this :-)

Yes, this shit is actually critical. We already have user complaints.
i.e. also takes priority over everything apart from Weld bugfixes and
container integration issues :-)

gavin.king at gmail.com