[weld-dev] persistence and transactions outside Java EE

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:44:47 EST 2009

Btw, this is exactly why most people use Seam 2. They don't want to deal
with EJB. They can just annotate with @Name and inject a Seam-managed
persistence context. The transactions are hooked into whatever they want:
local, JTA or Spring. It's "the hell with EJB" approach.

I'm just saying perhaps we can find a way to cater to this approach in Java
EE so we don't lose those people to the platform.

-Dan