[weld-dev] Supporting namespaces in Java EE config files (non-portable feature for JBoss AS)

Arbi Sookazian asookazian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:47:33 EST 2009

Ok, sorry.  The vendor-specific application server xml files are a
disaster.  Eliminate them if possible.  You're right, it would make our
lives somewhat simpler/easier w/o them.  Refactoring when porting to a
different app server should hopefully not be too much work.  Either way,
there would be work involved when porting an app to a different app server.

It would be nice if all xml files were hot deployable as well (JRebel has
support for hot deploying applicationContext.xml and struts-config.xml
IIRC).  But that's a different topic I guess...