[weld-dev] (embedded JBoss plugin?) Re: persistence and transactions outside Java EE

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 11:05:41 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Aslak Knutsen <aslak at conduct.no> wrote:

> As of now, EmbeddedAS needs to point to a full Jboss 6.0 installation using
> ie $JBOSS_HOME.
>
> What the "Automation via Maven" wiki explains is how to add a maven
> dependency so you don't have to pre-install a full jboss, maven will
> download and unpack it for you. But you still need to bootstap Embedded AS
> as a part of your test suite. As long as you do that, "mvn test" should
> work.
>
> Arquillian on the other hand does the whole shebang for you.. and then
> some.. http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-14376

Right, right. We were thinking along the same lines there. The point is,
right now, the embedded AS is meant to be booted by a test in some way.

That's a great step. But what would really score with developers is if you
can do:

mvn jbas:run

Note the change from jboss to jbas. Personally, I think we should consider
(maybe a vote) using this new abbreviation to help distinguish JBoss from
JBoss AS. Just throwing it out there. If not, "jboss:run" will do.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597