[weld-dev] rationale for JTA/JPA questions - trying to add JPA support to archetypes

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 11:55:38 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Gavin King <gavin.king at gmail.com> wrote:

> Look, JOTM has always been a p.o.s, frankly. Atomikos is supposedly better.
>
> But why did you not try JBoss transactions?! Arjuna was always a
> *much* more sold product!

Good question. In my pre-JBoss days, to be honest, I just didn't know about
it. I sort of took a random walk through finding a solution and those walks
usually ended up at a JOTM blog entry with Atomikos mentioned in the
comments as a more workable solution. Ultimately, I solved my problem by
just dumping Tomcat and using JBoss AS, so in the end I ended up using
Arjuna after all.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen