[weld-dev] Maven Archetype Bill of Materials - How should we handle minor variations in point releases of Java EE 6 containers?

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 08:00:35 EDT 2010

Shelly has pointed us at http://repository.jboss.org/maven2//org/jboss/spec/jboss-javaee_6.0_spec/1.0.0.Beta2/jboss-javaee_6.0_spec-1.0.0.Beta2.pom which works great as a jboss-6.0.0-bom. Unfortunately, Sun control the javax namespace, and don't publish a BOM for Java EE, so producing one of these is much harder.

I suggest we stick with the JBoss one for now, along with instructions on how to create one for other app servers.

WDYT?