[weld-dev] WELDSE-1

Peter Royle howardmoon at screamingcoder.com
Wed Apr 28 18:59:15 EDT 2010

> Agreed,an update to the BOM is required to use that version of sl4j.
> Can you do that and apply that patch Pete ?

I have applied your patch George, thanks for that.
>> As Ceki commented, might be better just to have logging off by default, and document the person to add the slf4j-simple.jar if needed?

slf4j 1.6 is still alpha so we can't go down that path just yet. Before
I close this issue I have asked Ceki to create a new issue specific to
the use of slf4j 1.6. That way when it becomes available we can use it
and have logging disabled by default as discussed. I'm not sure if Ceki
is around currently so if we don't hear from them in the next few days
I'll create the issue myself.

>>> Do you guys see any problem on including org.slf4j:slf4j-simple inside
>>> the Jar ? Doing that, no external dependencies are required to run
>>> weldse besides the JAR and placing the application in java.ext.dirs.

This is the way we originally had it, but unfortunately it caused
problems for anyone who wanted to use something other than slf4j-simple.
This forum thread is where the problem was first mentioned:
http://seamframework.org/Community/WeldSEAndSlf4j

Cheers,

PeteR