[weld-dev] Migration to git

Ondřej Skutka oskutka at redhat.com
Fri Aug 6 04:40:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 21:39 +0100, Pete Muir wrote:
> The move is complete, and you can find the projects at http://github.com/weld/
>
> I would recommend http://progit.org/book/ if you are a GIT novice - we will follow the "Integration-Manager Workflow" described therein. The integration manager is myself, or Marius when I am on vacation.
>
> I have taken this opportunity to merge docs, examples, servlet support and se support back into Weld core, as they proved to not have independent lifecycles, and thus simply caused overhead being in separate projects. There is still some reorganization to go through of these modules - I'll email back when this is done.

How are you going to handle examples depending on some specific
extension (from extensions module)? Or will the extensions module host
its own examples?

Ad ftest migration: We'd like to tie the ftests directly with the
examples and moreover utilize arquillian instead of cargo for the
deployment. We'll need an ftest-common artifact either in weld core or
somewhere in jboss repo (we may share this with richfaces qa team at
org.jboss.qa.sellenium (?)).

So we'll do some changes before moving from svn to git (and merging to
weld core). Is this ok?

Ondra