[weld-dev] A ConversationManager API

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 01:58:41 EST 2010

> Don't really agree with this. For a start, the reason the Conversation bean is Request scoped is due to the conversation management in the spec, the actual conversation object is just that, an object. You can stick this in a Map.

OK, I see your point. As a Weld-implementation detail, ee just have to
work around the fact that users will probably going to want to call
methods on the conversation instance and the spec says it should throw
an exception for any method calls on a non-active conversation context
so we can't do that check through and injected ConversationManager but
have to rely on Container.instance()... or some other non-injected
solution.

---
Nik