[weld-dev] PassivationCapable question

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 09:05:13 EST 2010

Hi Mark

As you can't dynamically implement interfaces at runtime, all Beans implement PassivationCapable. Of course, this doesn't actually indicate whether the Bean instance is passivation capable, this is determined by the spec rules. We could easily have written it without implementing PassivationCapable, it would just have required an additional check for RIBean when we generate the ID for the bean. Also, I don't really see how this stuff is "internal only" - Weld can correctly associate a custom Bean object which implements PassivationCapable with it's instance through passivation/activation.

Does that make sense?