[weld-dev] Proposed SPI enhancements

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:35:22 EST 2010

Folks, I chatted with Roberto yesterday, and we agreed that I should
write up the proposed enhancements to the SPI. So here's a draft of
the spec with my proposals. These enhancements don't require the
addition of new capabilities to the container, they just expose
pre-existing functionality to the portable extension.

The changes are:

* Addition of BeanAttributes to 11.1
* Addition of helper methods to BeanManager 11.3.19-11.3.23
* Addition of ProcessModule event 11.5.5
* Addition of ProcessInjectionPoint event 11.5.7
* Addition of ProcessProducerMethod, ProcessProducerField and Initializer 11.5.9
* Addition of ProcessBeanAttributes event 11.5.10

Please let me know what you think, and if you can see any holes.

Thanks!

gavin.king at gmail.com