[weld-dev] Proposed SPI enhancements

Sven Linstaedt sven.linstaedt at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 17 06:52:00 EST 2010

Hi Gavin,

as far es I understand, some of the added BeanManager methods
(BeanManager#create*()) are utility functions only used at bean discovery
time. Using these methods at runtime has no benefit at all, as far as I see.

If this is the case, would not it be a better solution to distinct between
these two phases by introducing another type (e.g. BeanFactory), which is
injectable in spi events like BeanManager. These new type enables the
invocation of the beforementioned methods. Thus BeanManager's signatures
would not be overloaded with "helper" methods only used at bean discovery
time.

wdyt?

br, Sven