[weld-dev] weld-examples deployment

Marcin Mieszek marcin.mieszek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:20:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am working currently on issue https://jira.jboss.org/browse/WELD-273
Add GlassFish targets to example POMs

My solution employs glassfish embedded server called from the maven
directly. To deploy to jetty it will be enough to call mvn install
with dedicated profile embedded-glassfish

Please find below the problems I encountered. As I am starting with
the project please excuse me if ther are lame :) I am still learning
how the code is organized and how to use it.

1. Add domain.xml file with glassfich configuration. This file will
contain datasource definition.

Due to severalproblems I gave up with Derby (sample database used from
the login example uses table User which is reserved keyword in Derby +
I found suggestion to switch to HSQL at
http://docs.jboss.org/seam/2.2.1.CR1/reference/en-US/html/glassfish.html
)

2.Adding glassfish specific persistence.xml file with
<jta-data-source> not prefixed with java: (it did not work with
glassfish).

3. I also had following problem with login application:

2010-06-06 01:31:00 org.glassfish.api.ActionReport failure
SEVERE: Exception while loading the app
org.glassfish.deployment.common.DeploymentException: The bean
org.jboss.weld.bean-/D:/weld-examples/jsf/login/target/applications/weld-login/-ManagedBean-class
org.jboss.weld.examples.login.Login declares a passivating scope but
has non-serializable dependency:
org.jboss.weld.bean-/D:/weld-examples/jsf/login/target/applications/weld-login/-ManagedBean-class
org.jboss.weld.examples.login.Credentials
        at org.glassfish.weld.WeldDeployer.event(WeldDeployer.java:183)
        at org.glassfish.kernel.event.EventsImpl.send(EventsImpl.java:125)
...and marked Credentials application as serializable.

4. I tried to retest login example with Jetty but got problem with
jetty-env.xml file, which was search in wrong location:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
jetty-env.xml file does not exist at location
D:\weld-examples\jsf\numberguess\src\main\resources\jetty-env.xml

I added a parameter to jetty plugin:
              <jettyEnvXml>${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jetty-env.xml</jettyEnvXml>

5. After that I still got error:
2010-06-06 01:52:45.322::INFO:  seeing JVM BUG(s) - cancelling interestOps==0
2010-06-06 01:52:45.806::WARN:  /weld-numberguess/home.jsf
org.jboss.weld.context.ContextNotActiveException: WELD-001303 No
active contexts for scope type @ConversationScoped
        at org.jboss.weld.conversation.ConversationImpl.checkConversationActive(ConversationImpl.java:79)
        at org.jboss.weld.conversation.ConversationImpl.isTransient(ConversationImpl.java:234)
        at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflections$13.work(SecureReflections.java:304)
        at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflectionAccess.run(SecureReflectionAccess.java:54)
        at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflectionAccess.runAsInvocation(SecureReflectionAccess.java:163)
        at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflections.invoke(SecureReflections.java:298)

..and did not succeed with jetty deployment.

I will prepare the patch once I have retested all the examples.

Looking forward to feedback from you,

Marcin