[weld-dev] CDI TCK: extensions.processBean.ProcessBeanTest

Scott Ferguson ferg at caucho.com
Thu Jun 17 17:18:05 EDT 2010

Hopefully this is the right list for CDI TCK discussions.

I'm puzzled by an assertion in extensions.processBean.ProcessBeanTest,
specifically

testProcessProducerMethodEvent()

 79:       assert ProcessBeanObserver.getCowShedProcessBeanCount() == 2;

testProcessProducerFieldEvent()

 102:      assert ProcessBeanObserver.getChickenHutchProcessBeanCount()
== 2;

But I can't see how this number is 2 instead of 1. The Cowshed looks like:

public class Cowshed {
  @Produces public Cow getDaisy() { ... }
}

So there should be 3 relevant extension events fired:

  ProcessBean<Cowshed>
  ProcessProducerMethod<Cowshed, Cow>
  ProcessBean<Cow>

I double checked the ProcessProducerMethod interface:

  ProcessProducerMethod<T,X> extends ProcessBean<X>

which is where the ProcessBean<Cow> comes from, but I don't see where
the 2nd ProcessBean<Cowshed> comes from.

-- Scott