[weld-dev] Weld 1.1.0

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sat Jun 26 12:16:03 EDT 2010

Team,

I would like to skip the Weld 1.0.2 release, and move straight onto Weld 1.1.0. This aligns well with both the JBoss AS and GlassFish schedules. We've got a few issues that we can't satisfactorily resolve without SPI updates (like David's work on the serialization of proxies). Additionally, David's changes for this turned out to be pretty large, so I think we should bump the version number anyway.

Other work we would do that will affect containers running Weld is:

* Exposure of reflection access to the container, allowing to be swapped out (indexing/scanning)
* Switch to JBoss Logging 3

I would estimate we would then be able to accelerate the 1.1 schedule, such that we can get a beta done in early August.

Any issues others can see with this plan?

Pete