[weld-dev] Ordering of servlet listeners

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:41:54 EDT 2010

>> I'm following the weld-dev, no worries. ;-)
>> (although, if I don't reply, then JBossAS dev forum is definitely the place to reach me)
>>
>> I'll have a look on how this ordering is done.
>> Or Remy might already know this ootb. :-)
>
> Ok, so there are already some default listeners that go first (the
> shared ones from the default web.xml). Do you really need to be before
> these ones ? It's quite simple really, the order is the order of
> declaration in the descriptors, so the first one in web.xml goes first
> (after the ones in the shared web.xml).
>
> Did I get the question right ?

Yes. :-)

I guess the order from web.xml is then the same as in ServletMetaData (or whatever data we use to hold the listeners metadata)?
--> since we don't use web.xml, but add Weld listener programmatically in a deployer

Is there a way to know which listeners come from default web.xml?
So we can place our Weld listener just after those.