[weld-dev] registering the Weld Servlet listener in a web.xml fragment or TLD

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:47:09 EDT 2010

Btw, we are already including other automatic configurations, such as a JSF
> phase listener and view handler (META-INF/faces-config.xml).
>
> Worthy of a JIRA?

Yes, auto-registration would be nice. I though there was a JIRA for this.
It's important that the Weld listener kicks in early if people want
injection to work in their own servlet listeners. Would it be worth the
effort to coordinate with OWB/CanDI on a common name (CDI-IMPL)? so that
people can take it into account if they write CDI modules that need to know
at which point it can be found in the fragments?

---
Nik