[weld-dev] [ANN] Weld plugin 0.2 for Griffon released

aalmiray aalmiray at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 06:17:31 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

It's with great pleasure that I announce the second release of the Griffon
Weld plugin.

   http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRIFFON/Weld+Plugin

This particular release enables other plugins to contribute beans tot the
BeanManager during application startup. To demonstrate the usage of this
plugin in conjunction with Griffon I've ported one of Weld's examples (the
numberguess game; swing version) into Griffon. The source code can be seen
at

https://github.com/aalmiray/griffon_sample_apps/tree/master/demos/numberguess

It contains all the original source code except NumberGamesFrame. You'll
need Griffon 0.9.3 to run it.
Follow these steps to give it a whirl:

1. Download Griffon from http://griffon.codehaus.org/Download
2. Once your paths are configured (you can check this by running 'griffon
help') invoke the following commands inside the application's directory

    griffon clean      // this will pull all plugins and deps; you need a
network connection
    griffon compile  // compiles the code, yum!
    griffon run-app  // runs the application in standalone mode

All feedback welcome.

Enjoy!
Andres