[weld-dev] Offering beans post container initialization?

aalmiray aalmiray at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 16:06:01 EST 2011

mojavelinux wrote:

> That's awesome. It's exciting to see another use of Weld (and CDI) outside
> of Java EE. Thanks for branching us out!

Here's the current code in case you're interested

    http://svn.codehaus.org/griffon/plugins/griffon-weld/trunk/

The plugin will be released as soon as Griffon 0.9.2 is out (a few weeks
from now) due to some changes needed in core to better support Weld. However
once the plugin is out you'll be able to launch a Griffon app and have any
dependencies on its MVC group members resolved by Weld. Also, any other
beans registered in the usual way will be active.

mojavelinux wrote:

> I'm curious whether you think certain Seam modules would be
> relevant/useful
> within Griffon now that you (almost) have support for CDI in place? It
> would
> certainly help challenge some of the assumptions we make in the Seam
> modules
> and ultimately make them generally more applicable and robust.
>
> http://github.com/seam and http://seamframework.org/Seam3

So which Seam modules exactly can be used in a non JEE environment? I
thought Seam was all about webapps and JEE but clearly my understandings of
Seam and Weld were completely mistaken.

Cheers,
Andres