[weld-dev] BeanManager.getReference() VS Context.get()

Muhammad Bhutto muhammad.bhutto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 21:09:41 EST 2013

Hi All,

Can you please explain me this one, I have confusion which one is better.

1.

Bean<MyBean> bean = (Bean<MyBean>)
beanManager.resolve(beanManager.getBeans(MyBean.class));
MyBean= (MyBean) beanManager.getReference(bean, bean.getBeanClass(),
beanManager.createCreationalContext(bean));

2.

Bean<MyBean> bean = (Bean<MyBean>)
beanManager.resolve(beanManager.getBeans(MyBean.class));
MyBean bean = beanManager.getContext(bean.getScope()).get(bean,
beanManager.createCreationalContext(bean));

As i know  BeanManager.getReference() always creates a whole new proxy
instance, while the Context.get() reuses an existing proxy instance if
already created before.

 Is BeanManager.getReference() is more use full than  Context.get() ??

Thanks

Muhammad Asif Bhutto