[weld-dev] WELD-001417 while enabling interceptors in JBoss Forge addons

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Mon Jul 17 19:37:15 EDT 2017

Hello Welders !

Not sure if this is the right mailing list, but worth a shot ;)

I am trying to enable a CDI interceptor inside JBoss Forge addons but I am
facing a hard time making Weld understand that. The interceptor classes are
in the classpath but I keep getting this error:

 WELD-001417: Enabled interceptor class
org.jboss.forge.addon.infinispan.MyInterceptor
(<class>org.jboss.forge.addon.infinispan.MyInterceptor</class> in
jar:file:/home/ggastald/.forge/addons/org-foo-foo-1-0-0-SNAPSHOT/foo-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-forge-addon.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml at 7)
does not match an interceptor bean: the class is not found, or not
annotated with @Interceptor and still not registered through a portable
extension, or not annotated with @Dependent inside an implicit bean archive

I have beans.xml with annotated-mode="all". I even added the @Dependent to
the interceptor class, but no luck. The current thread ClassLoader can
resolve the interceptor class also.

I've opened https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FURNACE-145 with more
information on the subject, in case someone feels brave enough to help me
out on this :).

I appreciate any help!

Best Regards,

George Gastaldi